Saturday, 11 August 2012

Matt Stanley By G4

Imagine you are Matt Stanley. Write a letter to your mother thanking her for all her support. Include all the things she has done to help you.

Dear Mum,

Thank you for being such a dedicated coach to me. I'll never forget the half-past five pool visits or the visits to the gym. You dedicated most of your free time to training me. I loved all the support you gave me. I can't thank you enough for getting me into the Olympics. It was okay eating healthy, but I do miss chocolate cake.

From Matthew F

Dear Mum,

Thank you for all the hard work and effort you put into helping me be where I am today. I thank you for all those time you got up early to help me train and all that money you spent to keep in in the right place. I am so lucky to have a mum like you. Thank you for all the free time you used to train me. You have a lot of confidence in me, and know I am a magnificent athlete. Thank you for being the Mum you are today. Nobody else can be like you.

From Max and Cameron

Dear Mum,

This letter is telling you how much I appreciate all your hard work and effort you have put in to get me here at the Olympics. I am very thankful for the regular 5:30am trips to the pool for training and the drive to Matamata sports center...

By Jayda

Dear Mother,

If I were to make a list full of people I'd thank, you would be the first. I'd like to thank you because you were always there for me when I was making my way to gold...

By Griffin

Dear Mum,

Thank you for all the times you drove me down to the swimming pool at an early time of 5:30am, that must have been SO hard because you woke up earlier than me, and that was during the winter time. I have to admit it must of been hard not givng the family ice-cream, just because I had to stick to a healthy diet or celery and all the other vegetables. I have to say having no family time was hard for both of us, but we will be having family trips soon because I'm going to Rio de Janeiro for the next Olympics. It made it a bit easier for me to get inpt the Olympics because I grew up in a water family. Other people don't have that but I do...

By Isabelle

Dear Mum,

I'd like to thank you a thousand times for all the sacrifices you mae for me. Gosh, the time has gone by quickly, as now I'm standing here at the Olympics ready to compete. Firstly, I'd like to thank you for waking me up at 5:00am in the morning. Even though I wouldn't get up right away, you wouldn't give up. I used to hate you for doing that, but now I understand why...

By Anqi


No comments:

Post a Comment